Hackerspace Gent Manual
Work in progress The Hackerspace Gent Manual describes how to use commonly used space infrastructure.
- How to play audio.
- How to use the bar.
- How to project video on beamer.
- How to open the gate of the Minnemeers Business Center.
- Space control (manual). Webpage to open/close roof windows, turn on/off lights, turn on/off fans.
- Spacehub (manual). Webpage to play music, control flapper, see bar account stats.
- How to connect to the vpn
Page naming convention: For infrastructure projects (manual) pages describe usage in easy-to-understand terms. Technical project documentation has only the project name as the title without (manual).
Schedule events and meetings
Event and meetings can be scheduled on the Spacehub "Events" tab. Ask Event editor credentials from Bloemist to create and edit events. Make a meeting pad with topics at Pads and add the url to the meeting form so our Mattermost bot can announce meetings with the !meetings command.
We have several communication channels, each with a different purpose:
Internal, aimed towards members:
- Mattermost: Chat client for members/regular visitors/friends. Set-up by Merlijn.
- Pads: Cooperative note taking by members for meetings, discussions, proposals. The url's to these pads are announced on mattermost. Set-up by Bloemist.
- Wiki: Internal documentation aimed at members. Editable by everyone, set-up by Bloemist.
- 0x20 Github: Source code and versioned documentation such as Hack the Hackerspace. Managed by A bunch of people.
External, aimed towards non-members:
- Hackerspace.gent landing page: Information source for external people and potential visitors. Editable by everyone through 0x20 Github, set-up by Bloemist.
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list: Email announcements mainly for externals. Managed by Qwaxys, Enzian and Sasja.
- Social media: for announcing events and reaching out to externals/normies.
- Giggity: event schedule viewer for events such as Newline. Set-up by ruleant.
DEPRECATED, OUT OF USE: